[YesAuto News] On October 23, 2018, the long-awaited Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge was officially opened to traffic. As a cross-sea bridge, the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge integrates a bridge, an island, and a tunnel. It has a total length of 55 kilometers. The west end is connected to the Zhuhai/Macau port and the east end is connected to the Hong Kong port. It is currently the world's longest cross-sea bridge project. There have been many reports on the Internet about various information about the bridge itself. As a editor who often visits Hong Kong, especially near the airport, watching the completion of the bridge, I still have to give some suggestions to netizens.
So how does the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge help us in our daily lives? The author believes that this is what most netizens are most concerned about. Here are three points for everyone:
1. Where will the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge connect to Hong Kong?
2. Who is suitable to walk the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge?
3. What advice do you have for friends who drive?
● The Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge is only connected to the airport, not to the city
There are many reports on the Zhuhai and Macau sides of the bridge on the Internet, but the reports on the Hong Kong side are actually not detailed enough, especially the geographical location. In fact, this bridge is not directly connected to Hong Kong urban areas such as Kowloon or Hong Kong Island, but only to The artificial island next to the Hong Kong Airport on Lantau Island is still some distance away from the city.
As a cross-sea bridge connecting Hong Kong, Zhuhai and Macao, the Hong Kong port connected by the east end of the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge is located in the northeast waters of Hong Kong International Airport. It is an artificial island with an area of about 1.5 square kilometers. Please enter ” “Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge Hong Kong Port Artificial Island” can be searched.
It is worth mentioning that the geographical location of the Hong Kong Port is quite close to the Hong Kong International Airport and Tung Chung New Town. The future plan for the bridge is also expected to connect the northwestern New Territories and other districts in Hong Kong. After the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge was opened to traffic, the land travel time from Zhuhai to Hong Kong International Airport was shortened from 4 hours to 45 minutes. The Hong Kong Airport is farther from the city, nearly 30 minutes away.
In addition, in fact, the more important function of this bridge is to communicate freight. Lantau Island is relatively close to Hong Kong’s largest Kwai Tsing container terminal and is connected by an expressway. After the bridge is repaired, there is no need to detour Shenzhen/Humen for goods to the western part of Guangdong. The bridge runs directly from Hong Kong to western Guangdong, which greatly saves logistics costs. At the same time, looking at the toll of the bridge, it is also known that the price of trucks is much cheaper than that of passenger cars, which also shows that the design is more encouraging for freight.
● Western Guangdong and friends who want to go to the airport or Disney are suitable to take the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge
Before the opening of the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge to traffic, friends who depart from western Guangdong (the west coast of the Pearl River Delta) must go to Hong Kong International Airport, Disney and other places, the nearest is by water (from Zhuhai Jiuzhou Port to Hong Kong Pier), or by land Detour through the Humen Bridge to Shenzhen for customs clearance.
After the opening of the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge to traffic, those friends mentioned above will be blessed-you don't have to worry about seasickness, and you don't have to worry about the three-hour drive, because it only takes 45 minutes to walk from the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge to Hong Kong Airport from Zhuhai Port. For friends in the Guangzhou-Shenzhen region, the opening of the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge is more to provide you with an additional means of passage.
From the geographical point of view, the artificial island at the Hong Kong end of the bridge is basically located between Hong Kong Airport and Disneyland, closer to the airport, so in addition to being more suitable for friends in western Guangdong, for friends in Guangzhou or the surrounding vicinity, if it is To go to downtown Hong Kong, it is more convenient to take the Hong Kong-Kowloon Train; if you are going to Hong Kong Airport to transfer or go to Disneyland to play, you can consider taking the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge.
● Suggestions to friends who drive
1. At present, vehicles with two licenses are required to apply for quotas to enter and exit Hong Kong through the bridge. It is not necessary to have a driver's license or two licenses to get them. For example, the quota for private cars issued in Hong Kong and the Mainland before the opening of the bridge is about 10,000. The quota for private cars is about 1,000. Even if you are a qualified user, remember to apply for quota on the official website before going to the bridge.
2. Vehicles travelling between Guangdong and Hong Kong via the bridge must purchase statutory auto insurance in Hong Kong and the Mainland. For vehicles traveling to and from Hong Kong and Macau via the bridge, the owner must purchase statutory auto insurance for the vehicles in Hong Kong, Macau and the Mainland. Before passing the bridge, passengers must purchase statutory car insurance in two or three places in advance according to their destinations. It can be seen from the website of the Hong Kong Transport Department that generally large insurance companies provide this kind of service. For example, Ping An Insurance (Hong Kong) under the Ping An Group provides such insurance in the three places.
To be honest, the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge really can only be “Wang Yang (Ling Ding Yang) sigh” for those who want to drive across the bridge but do not have licenses in the two places.
In general, the editor still recommends that everyone try to use public transportation to pass through the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge. At this stage, there are still a few users who can drive on the bridge, and the current bridge is more of a freight and public transportation passenger function. Sightseeing is not the point. In the future, we will also have a bridge experience, so stay tuned. (Text: Car Home Liang Haiwen Su Weiqi Image Source: South + Vientiane, Baidu Map, Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge Zhuhai Port)
The official pictures released by the Zhuhai Port of the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge are attached for your reference:
Bridge traffic rules, toll payment, driving speed and other issues:
1. What are the vehicles that can pass on the bridge?
Passable vehicles include: cross-border buses, shuttle buses, cross-border taxis, freight vehicles, tourist buses, sightseeing vehicles, private cars, etc.
2. Which vehicles are prohibited from getting on the bridge?
(1) Pedestrians, non-motor vehicles, tractors, wheeled special machinery vehicles, dumpling-type buses, full trailers, and other motor vehicles with a design maximum speed of less than 70 kilometers per hour shall not pass on the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge.
(2) Dangerous goods transportation vehicles shall not pass through the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge. Dangerous goods include those involved in the laws and regulations of the Mainland, Hong Kong and Macau.
(3) Motorcycles are not allowed to pass on the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge.
3. When can the bridge pass?
The passage time of the bridge is 24 hours.
4. How fast can the vehicle drive on the bridge?
The design traffic speed of the main bridge project is 100km/h. The specific traffic speed will be adjusted according to traffic conditions, climate conditions, traffic accident handling, traffic control and other factors.
5. What traffic rules does the bridge implement?
Since the main body of the bridge adopts the right-hand traffic rules in the mainland, after arriving at the port, the driver can follow the traffic signs and adjust the driving mode according to the signs, and the vehicle can complete the left and right side traffic conversion.
6. Can you turn around?
(1) Social vehicles are allowed to make a U-turn at the ports of Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao. In non-emergency situations, they are not allowed to make a U-turn at the main bridge.
(2) Emergency rescue vehicles and daily maintenance vehicles can make a cross-border U-turn. In an emergency, rescue vehicles in the three places (i.e. fire and ambulances, excluding police vehicles) can enter the jurisdiction of the other party and make a cross-border U-turn via the other's U-turn facilities when they are rescuing the accident.