[YesAuto News] SAIC GM is experiencing a massive recall. On September 29, according to the official website of the State Administration of Market Supervision and Administration, SAIC General Motors Co., Ltd. filed a recall with the State Administration for Market Supervision and Administration in accordance with the requirements of the “Regulations on the Administration of Recalls of Defective Automobile Products” and “Measures for the Implementation of the Regulations on the Administration of Recalls of Defective Automobile Products”. It is planned to recall the following Buick, Chevrolet and Cadillac vehicles from October 20, 2018, totaling 3,326,725 vehicles.
● Recall objects
(1) A total of 723,741 Buick Encore vehicles of the 2015-2019 model produced between March 4, 2014 and September 18, 2018;
(2) Part of the 2016-2019 Buick Weilang vehicles produced between March 13, 2015 and September 18, 2018, totaling 478,293 units;
(3) Some 2016-2019 Buick Weilang hatchbacks produced between August 6, 2015 and September 18, 2018, totaling 39,444 units;
(4) Some 2015-2017 Buick all-new Yinglang vehicles produced between September 24, 2014 and September 29, 2017, totaling 921,300 vehicles;
(5) Part of the 2017-2019 Buick new-generation LaCrosse vehicles produced from October 26, 2015 to September 18, 2018, totaling 211,288 units;
(6) Some of the new-generation Buick Regal vehicles from 2018 to 2019 produced between March 3, 2017 and September 18, 2018, totaling 89,399 units;
(7) Some 2017-2018 Buick VELITE 5 vehicles produced between November 1, 2016 and June 4, 2018, totaling 2,394 vehicles;
(8) Some 2015-2016 Chevrolet New Cruze vehicles produced between September 6, 2013 and July 9, 2016, a total of 87,806 units;
(9) Some new Chevrolet Cruze vehicles from 2017 to 2019 produced between March 29, 2016 and September 18, 2018, a total of 151,093 vehicles;
(10) Some new Chevrolet Cruze hatchbacks from 2017 to 2019 produced between September 21, 2016 and September 18, 2018, totaling 4,859 units;
(11) Some 2017-2018 Chevrolet Kovoz vehicles produced between February 29, 2016 and March 27, 2018, totaling 276,150 vehicles;
(12) Some of the 2018-2019 Chevrolet Explorer cars produced between September 5, 2016 and September 18, 2018, a total of 98,037 units;
(13) Some of the 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibu XL cars produced between October 8, 2015 and September 18, 2018, totaling 98,208 units;
(14) Some of the 2017-2019 Cadillac XT5 cars produced between November 20, 2015 and September 18, 2018, totaling 144,713 units.
● Reason for Recall
SAIC GM stated that the front suspension lower control arm bushings of the vehicles within the scope of the recall may deform or come out when impacted by a large external force. In extreme cases, they may cause the vehicle to lose control and pose a safety hazard.
SAIC General Motors Co., Ltd. will install lower control arm integrated bushings free of charge for vehicles within the scope of the recall to eliminate potential safety hazards. SAIC General Motors Co., Ltd. will notify relevant users by registered mail, telephone, text message, etc. After the recall is officially implemented, the special after-sales service centers of SAIC-GM Buick, Chevrolet and Cadillac will take the initiative to get in touch with users within the scope of the recall and make an appointment to arrange free maintenance. Users can call the customer service hotline: Buick 8008202020 (landline call)/4008202020 (mobile phone call), Chevrolet 8008201912 (landline call)/4008201912 (mobile phone call), Cadillac 8008201902 (landline call)/4008201902 (mobile phone call) for consultation. Users can also log on to the website of the Defective Product Management Center of the State Administration for Market Regulation (www.dpac.gov.cn), the China Automobile Recall Website (www.qiche365.org.cn), and follow the WeChat public account (SAMRDPAC), car three packs and Recall (iautocloud365) for more information. In addition, you can also call the hotline of the Defective Product Management Center of the State Administration of Market Supervision and Administration: 010-59799616, 010-65537365 to report problems in the implementation of the recall or submit clues about defects.